Detroit Lions Stock Report: Week 8
By Kent Platte
Kirby Lee-USA TODAY Sports
Stock Down: Jim Caldwell
There’s a better than zero chance that by the time I post this article (10AM Tuesday), Jim Caldwell will be unemployed and we’ll all be talking about who is replacing him. It seems no losing coach can make it back from London with their job and Caldwell is the next one on the chopping block.
More from SideLion Report
- Top 5 revenge games on the Detroit Lions 2023 schedule
- Lions center Frank Ragnow optimistic about continuing to play through toe injury
- Detroit Lions 2023 preseason schedule: Dates, times and opponents
- A new contract extension projection for Lions quarterback Jared Goff
- 4 wide receivers the Detroit Lions could still look to acquire this offseason
It would be one thing if we were talking about a coach that brought the team to 11-5 and then had some string of serious injuries or player gaffes that were causing the team to limp to a losing record. It’s another thing entirely when the coaching issues are so brazen, so obvious to anyone with eyes that it’s amazing they managed a single win so far.
Jim Caldwell is a terrible head coach, and he needs to be replaced. He really is the walking dead at this time. He doesn’t have a job. He’s Milton from Office Space. He was fired weeks ago, but nobody told him so he keeps muddling along. Eventually, the Bobs will catch up to him and he’ll leave Allen Park for good.
Next: Long Term Smart