Oct 27, 2013; Detroit, MI, USA; Detroit Lions wide receiver Calvin Johnson (81) celebrates with cornerback
(23) after defeating the Dallas Cowboys 31-30 at Ford Field. Mandatory Credit: Andrew Weber-USA TODAY Sports
Stafford’s fake spike wins it in 2013
Another year, another improbable comeback win for Matthew Stafford and the Lions over the Cowboys. It was a tightly played game until the scoring opened up in the fourth quarter as the Lions and Cowboys went back and forth.
The Cowboys went up six after a field goal with just over a minute remaining. The Lions had turned the ball over on downs on their previous possession but were undeterred in their final attempt. A beautiful 40 yard pass to Kris Durham was the key play to get the Lions moving but it was Stafford’s impromptu quick thinking to cap the drive that made this a game to remember.
Relive it all over again:
More from SideLion Report
- Top 5 revenge games on the Detroit Lions 2023 schedule
- Lions center Frank Ragnow optimistic about continuing to play through toe injury
- Detroit Lions 2023 preseason schedule: Dates, times and opponents
- A new contract extension projection for Lions quarterback Jared Goff
- 4 wide receivers the Detroit Lions could still look to acquire this offseason