Detroit Lions: 5 bold offseason trades on defense
4 of 5
#4 – Jordan Poyer, CB – Buffalo Bills
Not the hottest name on the list, but by golly can Jordan Poyer play ball.
More from Lions News
- Top 5 revenge games on the Detroit Lions 2023 schedule
- Lions center Frank Ragnow optimistic about continuing to play through toe injury
- Detroit Lions 2023 preseason schedule: Dates, times and opponents
- A new contract extension projection for Lions quarterback Jared Goff
- Louis Riddick thinks Lions wide receivers will be fine without Jameson Williams
His stock is on the verge of exploding, but for now, he’s under the radar and vastly underpaid.
For how long will that last?
I’d bet the Buffalo Bills wouldn’t just give him up, but the right offer could get them to bite.
They’re a young team that needs some star power.
He’s a play-making free safety/cornerback with a lot to offer.
$3.875 million and $3.825 million dollars is all he’d cost against the salary cap.
2018 stats: 16 games/16 starts; 100 tackles, 2.0 sacks, 6 passes defended, 4 interceptions, 1 forced fumble
Fair compensation: Marvin Jones Jr. but Detroit also receives a 2021 conditional 4th-5th round pick