Detroit Lions: Remember that time Ndamukong Suh kicked an extra point?
What happened next…
Of course that missed extra point ended up being critical. In the Lions’ world, how could it not?
After Suh’s extra point, punter Nick Harris came out to handle the kickoff. It would seem logical that Harris should have just done the extra point. Seeing him completely shank the kickoff though, I understood why he didn’t.
More from SideLion Report
- Top 5 revenge games on the Detroit Lions 2023 schedule
- Lions center Frank Ragnow optimistic about continuing to play through toe injury
- Detroit Lions 2023 preseason schedule: Dates, times and opponents
- A new contract extension projection for Lions quarterback Jared Goff
- 4 wide receivers the Detroit Lions could still look to acquire this offseason
Early in the 4th quarter, Stafford led a 90 yard touchdown drive.
Instead of Suh, the Lions sent the injured Jason Hanson back out there for his final kick of the season. Somehow, he snuck the extra point through.
The defense forced two more New York punts, leaving the Lions with a commanding 20-10 lead and possession midway through the 4th quarter.
Two plays later, Stafford re-injured his shoulder while getting tackled, ending his season as well.
The Jets drove for a touchdown, got the ball back, and hey…now only needed a field goal to tie the game. And their kicker wasn’t out of commission due to a cheap shot either!
Nick Folk hit a field goal at the end of regulation and another in overtime to deliver yet another crushing blow to the Lions’ snakebitten 2010 campaign.