Detroit Lions: Saquon Barkley/Barry Sanders comparison is a mistake
1 of 3
Saquon Barkley impressed at the NFL Combine, However, I’m calling B.S. on all the comparisons to another B.S., a Detroit Lions’ legend.
After a stellar performance at the NFL Combine, Saquon Barkley is a sure fire Top 5 pick in the upcoming draft.
At this point, wouldn’t be at all surprising if he went first overall.
The elusive running back out of Penn State is many things…
- 2 time Big Ten Offensive Player of the Year
- First team All-American
- Superior athlete, and breakaway threat both as a runner and pass catcher
- Potential All-Pro if he plays up to projections
More from SideLion Report
- Top 5 revenge games on the Detroit Lions 2023 schedule
- Lions center Frank Ragnow optimistic about continuing to play through toe injury
- Detroit Lions 2023 preseason schedule: Dates, times and opponents
- A new contract extension projection for Lions quarterback Jared Goff
- 4 wide receivers the Detroit Lions could still look to acquire this offseason
But why do people feel the need to compare him to Detroit Lions‘ legend Barry Sanders??
At first, I only heard the comparison by fans who I figured were either exaggerating or didn’t know what they were really looking at.
However, now I’m seeing it on Barkley’s draft profile at NFL.com.
What am I missing here?
Other than both being really good running backs, are the two players really that similar?