The Detroit Lions are fresh off an infuriating loss to the Dallas Cowboys and are out for blood this weekend when they take on the Minnesota Vikings in their final regular season game of the 2023 campaign.
The Lions still have a shot at the No. 2 seed in the NFC, but they'll need to beat the Vikings and hope both the Cowboys and Eagles get upset by the Commanders and Giants respectively.
With that being said, the Lions plan to do their part as Dan Campbell has continuously stated he plans on playing all of his starters on Sunday. In this article, I'm going to break down everything you need to know to bet on this game.
If you want to join in on betting on the Lions both this week and in the playoffs, be sure to sign up for an account at Caesars Sportsbook. For a limited time, new users who click the link below to sign up for an account will have their first bet covered by Caesars!
Vikings vs. Lions odds, spread, and total
Vikings vs. Lions betting trends
- Vikings are 0-6 ATS in their last six games vs. Lions
- The UNDER is 5-2 in the Vikings' last seven road games
- Vikings are 3-7 ATS in their last 10 games vs. NFC North opponents
- Lions are 4-1 ATS in their last five games
- The OVER is 6-2 in the Lions' last eight games
- The OVER is 6-1 in the last seven meetings between these two teams
- Lions are 13-5 ATS in their last 18 games vs. NFC opponents
Vikings vs. Lions injury reports
Minnesota Vikings injury report
- Jaquelin Roy - DT - Questionable
- Byron Murphy Jr. - CB - Questionable
- Jalen Nailor - WR - Questionable
- Theo Jackson - S - Questionable
- Ed Ingram - G - Questionable
Detroit Lions injury report
- C.J. Gardner-Johnson - S - IR-R
- Brock Wright - TE - Questionable
- Jameson Williams - WR - Questionable
Vikings vs. Lions how to watch
- Date: Sunday, January 7
- Game Time: 1:00 pm EST
- Venue: Ford Field
- How to Watch (TV): FOX
- Minnesota Vikings Record: 7-9
- Detroit Lions Record: 11-5
Vikings vs. Lions key players to watch
Danielle Hunter: The Vikings pass rusher has 15.5 sacks on the year, just two sacks below the leaders, T.J. Wat and Trey Hendrickson. With a big game, he has an outside shot of claiming the crown of the 2023 sack leader. He hasn't recorded a sack in two-straight games by he racked up seven total tackles against the Lions in Week 16.
Amon-Ra St. Brown: The Lions' star receiver had a massive game against the Vikings two weeks ago, recording 12 receptions for 106 yards and a touchdown. If he has another big game like that, the Lions are going to be tough to beat.
Vikings vs. Lions prediction and pick
The spread in this game opened at -6 in favor of the Lions, but it shifted all the way to Lions -3 since the start of the week, despite all signs pointing towards Detroit playing all of its starters. That means the value in this game has shifted and is no in the Lions' favor.
The Vikings have a lot of issues at the quarterback position and if we assume Nick Mullens gets the start, we have to remember what he did against the Lions two weeks ago, throwing a total of four interceptions. He's a gun-slinger, but pays for it with ill-timed turnovers.
The Lions are going to want a big win to get rid of the bad taste left in their mouths after last week's controversial loss to the Cowboys. I think they come out hot and put away the Vikings while making their bid for the No. 2 seed in the NFC.