The Detroit Lions will look to bounce back after a tough Week 7 game against the Baltimore Ravens. They're in a great spot to do it on Monday Night Football when they host the Las Vegas Raiders.
The Lions can gain their momentum back in a hurry with a big win against the Raiders and oddsmakers expect exactly that as they have them set as significant favorites. In this article, I'm going to break down everything you need to know to wager on the game.
Check out this week's edition of the "Road to 272 Bets" for my best bet for every Week 8 game.
If you want to get in on the action this week, you should do so at DraftKings Sportsbook. If you click the link below and sign up for an account, you'll receive $200 in bonus bets along with plenty of same-game parlays when you place your first $5 bet.
Raiders vs. Lions odds, spread, and total
Raiders vs. Lions betting trends
- Raiders are 2-4 ATS in their last six games
- The UNDER is 4-1 in the Raiders'
- Raiders are 6-3 ATS in their last nine games vs. Lions
- Raiders are 1-5 ATS in their last six road games
- Lions are 14-3 ATS in their last 17 games
- Lions are 7-1 ATS in their last eight home games
- The OVER is 4-2 in the last six meetings between these two teams
Raiders vs. Lions injury reports
Las Vegas Raiders injury report
- Divine Deablo - LB - Questionable
- Jakorian Bennett - CB - Questionable
- Jimmy Garoppolo - QB - Questionable
- Nate Hobbs - CB - Questionable
Detroit Lions injury report
- Kalif Raymond - WR - Questionable
- Jerry Jacobs - CB - Questionable
- Jonah Jackson - G - Questionable
- David Montgomery - RB - Questionable
- C.J. Gardner-Johnson - S - Questionable
Raiders vs. Lions how to watch
- Date: Monday, October 30
- Game Time: 8:15 p.m. EST
- Venue: Ford Field
- How to Watch (TV): ABC/ESPN
- Las Vegas Raiders Record: 3-4
- Detroit Lions: 5-2
Raiders vs. Lions key players to watch
Las Vegas Raiders
Davante Adams: If the Raiders want to keep pace with the Lions offense, they're going to need Davanate Adams to step up in a big way. He's had a quiet few weeks and even against the Bears in Week 7, he hauled in seven receptions but it was for just 57 yards. The Raiders offense will go as far as Adams can carry them.
Alex Anzalone: In case you don't already know Alex Anzalone is absolutely for real and is one of the biggest impact players on this Lions defense. He has 18 more tackles than the next closest player on this unit, while adding in one sack, two tackles for a loss, and four pass deflections. The Raiders will need to find a way to deal with them if they want to move the ball.
Raiders vs. Lions prediction and pick
Instead of betting on a side in this game, I think the play is the UNDER instead. The Raiders have been a sneaky good UNDER team this season, going 4-1 in their last five games. The reason is largely due to their defense that plays a "bend but don't break" style.
Meanwhile, their offense has been sputtering with Garoppolo sidelined. If they can only put up 12 points against the Bears, who have one of the worst defenses in the NFL, I don't expect them to put up many points against this stout Lions defense.
Defense should rule in this Monday Night Football showdown. Give me the UNDER!
Odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.
You can check out all of Iain's bets here!