The Detroit Lions are sitting at 4-1 and have lived up to their high expectations through the first five weeks of the NFL season. Now, they head to Tampa Bay to take on the Buccaneers, who have also looked better than most people thought they would.
Can the Lions keep the good times rolling?
Check out this week's episode of the "Road to 272 Bets" to find out my best bet for all 15 NFL Week 6 games.
If you want to get in on the action this week, be sure to do so at FanDuel Sportsbook. For a limited time, new users will get $200 in bonus bets when they place their first $5 wager! Just click the link below to sign to take advantage of this offer.
Lions vs. Buccaneers odds, spread, and total
Lions vs. Buccaneers betting trends
- Lions are 13-2 against the spread in their last 15 games
- Lions are 10-4 ATS in their last 14 games vs. Buccaneers
- Lions are 6-1 ATS in their last seven road games
- Buccaneers are 5-14-1 ATS in their last 20 games
- Buccaneers are 3-9-1 ATS in their last 13 home games
Lions vs. Buccaneers injury reports
Detroit Lions injury report
- Brian Branch - S - Questionable
- James Mitchell - TE - Questionable
- Amon-Ra St. Brown - WR - Questionable
- Jahmyr Gibbs - RB - Questionable
Tampa Bay Buccaneers injury report
- SirVocea Dennis - LB - Questionable
- Jamel Dean - CB - Questionable
- Calijah Kancey - DT - Questionable
- Derrek Pitts - CB - Questionable
Lions vs. Buccaneers how to watch
- Date: Sunday, Oct. 15
- Game Time: 4:25 p.m. EST
- Venue: Raymond James Stadium
- How to Watch (TV): FOX
- Detroit Lions Record: 4-1
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers Record: 3-1
Lions vs. Buccaneers key players to watch
David Montgomery: The Lions running back has proved to be one of the best offseason pick ups in 2023. He has provided Detroit with a top tier run game and has already scored six touchdowns on the year while averaging 4.2 years per carry. If he can keep going strong, the Lions are a dangerous team for any team to face.
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Rachaad White: As much as the Lions running game has been a great compliment to their offense, the Buccaneers running game has been the complete opposite. They're dead last in the NFL in yards per carry, averaging just 3.0 yards per rush as a team. Rachaad White needs to be things up in a hurry unless the Buccaneers want to try to keep winning solely on the shoulders of Baker Mayfield.
Lions vs. Buccaneers prediction and pick
The Lions are for real. It's time we start thinking of this team as a legitimately great football team. Heading into Week 6, they're fourth in the NFL in Net Yards per Play, behind only the Dolphins, 49ers, and Ravens.
The biggest improvement for this team has been their defense, specifically their secondary, which ranks inside the top 10 in both opponent yards per pass attempt and opponent EPA per dropback. That's going to prove to be pivotal against the Buccaneers, who have had zero success running the football all season.
Can Baker Mayfield outduel this Lions offense? I don't think so.
I'll lay the points with Detroit.
Odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.
You can check out all of Iain's bets here!