Detroit Lions running back David Montgomery left the team’s Week 2 game against the Seattle Seahawks with a thigh injury, putting him in question for Week 3 against the Atlanta Falcons.
Earlier in the week, Lions head coach Dan Campbell said that Montgomery was day-to-day, but he's officially been listed as doubtful for Week 3.
Montgomery admitted that he’ll likely need time to get back to 100 percent.
The Lions are favored in Week 3, but they may have to lean on rookie Jahmyr Gibbs a little more on offense.
David Montgomery injury status for Week 3 game against Falcons
Montgomery is listed as doubtful for Week 3 against the Falcons.
Best Lions prop bet if David Montgomery misses Week 3
Jahmyr Gibbs Anytime Touchdown Scorer
Through two NFL games, Gibbs has 14 carries and nine catches (on 11 targets), but one has to think he gets an expanded role with Montgomery banged up and potentially out.
I don’t mind taking the rookie in this spot to score his first career touchdown, as it’s only a matter of time before Campbell gives him a shot to perform in the red zone. Montgomery has dominated goal-line work so far this season, so if he sits out Gibbs should see several more touches with a chance to score.
No matter how you wager on the game – or the prop market – between the Lions and Falcons, FanDuel Sportsbook has a great offer for new users.
All you need to do is sign up with the link below, deposit and wager $5 to receive $200 in bonus bets and $100 off NFL Sunday Ticket!
David Montgomery Injury History
- Aug. 2020: Inguinal Groin Strain Grade 2 – returned for season opener
- Nov. 2020: Concussion – missed one game
- Oct. 2021: Knee Strain Grade 1 – placed on IR
- Sept. 2022: Pedal Ankle Sprain/Pull – missed one game
- Sept. 2023: Leg Thigh Bruise – return TBD
When is David Montgomery Coming Back?
Montgomery's next chance to play would be on Thursday night against the Green Bay Packers if he's unable to suit up for Week 3.
Detroit Lions Next 5 Opponents
- Green Bay Packers, Thursday, Sept. 28
- Carolina Panthers, Sunday, Oct. 8
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Sunday, Oct. 15
- Baltimore Ravens, Sunday, Oct. 22
- Las Vegas Raiders, Monday, Oct. 30
Detroit Lions Injury Report
- Taylor Decker – out, ankle
- Kerby Joseph – out, hip
- David Montgomery – doubtful, thigh
- Emmanuel Moseley – out, knee/hamstring
- Josh Reynold – questionable, groin
- Amon-Ra St. Brown – questionable, toe
- Halapoulivaati Vaitai – out, knee
Atlanta Falcons Injury Report
- Jeff Okudah – questionable, foot
- Cordarrelle Patterson – questionable, thigh
Odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.