The Detroit Lions injury reports have often been a rough combination of long and notable throughout this season. But they've navigated the injury issues pretty well, with a 5-2 record heading into Week 8 against the Las Vegas Raiders.
With the game against the Raiders coming Monday night, the traditional weekly schedule has been pushed back a day. Thursday was the first day of the practice week, etc. So that meant Saturday was the last practice of the week, and the day the final injury report comes out.
With designations for Monday night's game, here is the final Week 8 injury report for the Lions.
Detroit Lions Week 8 injury report, vs. Raiders
- RB David Montgomery (ribs)-Out
- OG Jonah Jackson (ankle)-Out
- C Frank Ragnow (toe/calf)-Doubtful
- OG Halapoulivaati Vaitai (back)-Questionable
- DT Benito Jones (ankle)-Questionable
- DL Josh Paschal (knee)-Questionable
- LB Malcolm Rodriguez (ankle)-Questionable
- CB Jerry Jacobs (knee)-No designation
As expected, Montgomery will miss his second straight game with a rib cartilage injury. Jackson will miss his third straight game with an ankle issue. The Week 9 for the Lions points to both being able to return in Week 10 against the Los Angeles Chargers.
Ragnow popped up on the injury report this week with a calf issue to go with his ongoing toe issue. Before Saturday's practice, head coach Dan Campbell took the optimistic angle with the benefit of extra time before the game. Still, Ragnow getting a day before the game downgrade on Sunday feels possible.
"Here’s the good news,” coach Dan Campbell said, “Because it’s a night game on Monday, we’ve got all of today, all of tomorrow, and we’ve got most of Monday, so that’s a long time to recover. So, it’s really kind of day-to-day. We’ll see where he’s at today. I don’t see him going out there on the field, but I see him doing some work. He’s already done some this morning and then we’ll do some after practice. And then just see where it goes. So, nothing is set in stone one way or the other.”
Vaitai started at right guard again last week, with Graham Glasgow moving to left guard in Jackson's place. But "Big V" is back on the injury report this week with a back issue, which is extra noteworthy because he missed all of last season after back surgery.
Glasgow could start Monday night's game at center if Ragnow can't go, or either of the guard spots if Ragnow is able to play. Kayode Awosika started at left guard in Week 6, and he's a candidate to do it again Monday night.
Paschal was added to the injury report after missing Saturday's practice due to a knee issue. It's unclear if it's the same knee that landed him on IR earlier in the season, but a late-week injury is never good news.
Jones was a full participant on Saturday, so he looks sure to play Monday night. Rodriguez was only a limited participant Saturday, but he seems to be on the right side of questionable too.
Here is the Raiders Week 8 injury report.
- LB Divine Deablo (ankle)-Out
- K Daniel Carlson (right groin)-Questionable
- LB Curtis Bolton (knee)-Questionable
- CB Nate Hobbs (ankle) -Questionable
- WR Davante Adams (shoulder-No designation
- QB Jimmy Garoppolo (back)-No designation
- DE Maxx Crosby (knee)-No designation
- CB Marcus Peters (back) -No designation
- CB Jakorian Bennett (shoulder/knee)-No designation
- CB Tyler Hall (foot)-No designation