After a disappointing loss to the Chicago Bears in Week 14, the Detroit Lions have had a short week to prepare to take on the Denver Broncos for a Saturday night game in Week 15. They have been a pretty healthy team since the bye week, albeit with a key player missing a game right along.
The Saturday game means the final injury report for the week came on Thursday. and here is a look at the Week 15 injury designations for the Lions.
Detroit Lions injury report: Week 15 vs. Denver Broncos
- QB Hendon Hooker (knee)-Out
- C Frank Ragnow (knee/back/toe)-Questionable
- OT Taylor Decker (back)-Questionable
- WR Josh Reynolds (back)-Questionable
- DT Benito Jones (neck)-Questionable
The clock is ticking for the Lions to put Hooker on the 53-man roster, and it remains a question with less than a week left in the 21-day window.
Ragnow was able to return to practice as a limited participant all week, albeit with Tuesday merely as a walkthrough on the short week, after missing the loss to the Bears. He may be legitimately questionable, but that he wasn't ruled out or listed as doubtful is a great sign for his chance to play Saturday night.
Decker popped up this week with a back issue. After being listed out on Tuesday's practice estimate, he graduated from limited to full during the Lions' actual practices on Wednesday and Thursday. That trend says he's on the right side of questionable.
Reynolds also popped on the injury report this week with a back issue, to go with what may still be a different lingering injury. Limited practices on Wednesday and Thursday aren't necessarily a great sign he will play on Saturday night, but his designation certainly could be worse.
Jones was a full participant in Friday's practice. He seems sure to play, and probably start, against the Broncos.
Here is the Week 15 injury report for the Broncos.
- OLB Nik Bonitto (knee)-Out
- TE Greg Dulcich (hamstring/foot)-Out
- S P.J. Locke (neck)-Questionable
- RB Samaje Perine (knee/not injury-related/rest)-No designation
- OLB Jonathon Cooper (ankle-No designation
- OG Quinn Meinerz (illness)-No designation
- DT Mike Purcell (not injury-related/rest)-No designation
- TE Chris Manhertz (not injury-related/rest)-No designation