Since their bye in Week 9, the Detroit Lions have turned a real corner injury-wise. The daily practice reports are light, and the final injury reports the day before games have been short. Other than left guard Jonah Jackson missing the last two games with a wrist injury, no key pieces have missed games lately.
But linebacker Alex Anzalone suffered a hand injury against the Packers on Thanksgiving Day, and head coach Dan Campbell has suggested he will miss some time. In other news with an injury tentacle, rookie quarterback Hendon Hooker had his 21-day activation window started this week.
The Lions will try to quickly get back on a winning track in Week 13 against the 5-6 New Orleans Saints.
Here is the Friday Week 13 injury report for the Lions, with designations for Sunday's game.
Detroit Lions injury report: Week 13 at New Orleans Saints
- QB Hendon Hooker (knee)-Out
- LB Alex Anzalone (hand)-Doubtful
- OG Jonah Jackson (wrist/ankle)-Questionable
- C Frank Ragnow (back/toe)-No designation
- RB David Montgomery (foot)-No designation
- S Tracy Walker (shoulder)-No Designation
- S Ifeatu Melifonwu (hand)-No designation
Hooker is of course still on the NFI list, and it's no surprise the Lions won't be activating him this week three days into his activation clock.
That Anzalone was not declared out is surprising, after he did not practice all week. He is a strong candidate for a Saturday downgrade, but there's a slim chance he plays.
Campbell caused a little stir this week when he essentially said Jackson will say when he can play. Full practices on Thursday and Friday put the Lions' starting left guard on the positive side of questionable.
Ragnow got a typical rest day on Thursday, before being back as a full participant Friday. Montgomery and Walker started the practice week limited, but back-to-back full practices for each say they look to be good to go for Sunday. Melifonwu has been playing with a club on his hand, and he has played strictly special teams since suffering the injury.
Here's the Week 13 injury report for the Saints.
- S Marcus Maye (shoulder)-Out
- LB Pete Werner (shoulder/oblique)-Out
- RB Kendre Miller (ankle)-Out
- WR Rashid Shaheed (thigh)-Out
- DE Cameron Jordan (ankle)-Questionable
- WR Chris Olave (concussion protocol)-Questionable
- C Erik McCoy (shoulder)-Questionable
- PK Blake Grupe (right groin)-Questionable
- OT Ryan Ramcyzyk (knee)-No designation
- OT Andrus Peat (shoulder)-No designation
Jordan has missed two games in his 13-year career, so it's a fair bet he'll do everything he can to play. Olave has one step left in concussion protocol, but he's definitely iffy to play. The Saints not having the big play threat Shaheed provides is good news for the Lions' secondary.