The Detroit Lions were as healthy as they've been all season coming off their Week 9 bye. Shy of left guard Jonah Jackson missing Week 11 with a new injury (wrist), after missing a couple games with an ankle issue, that has held up through the last two games.
Being as healthy as they are can only be a good thing on this short week for the Lions, as they take on the Green Bay Packers Thanksgiving Day. The Packers aren't nearly as fortunate, with a lengthy list of players who are banged up and possibly in danger of missing Thursday's game.
Here's a look at the Lions' injury report, with game statuses, for Week 12, Thanksgiving Day, against the Packers.
- OG Jonah Jackson (wrist)-Out
- DT Isaiah Buggs (illness)-No designation
- C Frank Ragnow (toe)-No Designation
- S Ifeatu Melifonwu (hand)-No designation
Jackson will miss his fourth game in the last five, and his second straight with wrist injury on a short week. Rookie Colby Sorsdal started in his place at left guard against the Bears in Week 11, and he will presumably do so again on Thursday.
And here's the Week 12 injury report, with game statuses, for the Packers.
- RB Aaron Jones (knee)-Out
- S Darnell Savage (calf)-Out
- TE Josiah Deguara (hip)-Doubtful
- LB De'Vondre Campbell (neck)-Questionable
- CB Jaire Alexander (shoulder)-Questionable
- RB AJ Dillon (groin)-Questionable
- S Rudy Ford (biceps)-Questionable
- WR Dontayvion Wicks (concussion/knee)-Questionable
- CB Corey Ballentine (shoulder)-No designation
- LB Rashan Gary (shoulder)-No designation
- DL Kenny Clark (shoulder)-No designation
- OG/OT Elgton Jenkins (knee)-No designation
- WR Christian Watson (shoulder)-No designation
- WR Jayden Reed (chest)-No designation
- CB Keisean Nixon (ankle)-No designation
Jones is sidelined by an MCL sprain. Savage is in his 21-day window to come off IR, but a short week made him playing this week unlikely. With Dillon also banged up, the Packers have signed running back James Robinson to the active roster from the practice squad.
Wicks is in concussion protocol, so he seems to automatically be on the wrong side of questionable. With so many receivers banged up, the Packers also signed Bo Melton to the active roster from the practice squad. Fullback Henry Pearson and safety Benny Sapp III have been elevated to the active roster from the practice squad.
The Packers placed tight end Luke Musgrave (abdomen) and running back Emanuel Wilson (shoulder) on IR earlier on Wednesday.