One thing was notably absent from Dan Campbell's press conferences right after and the day after last Sunday's game against the Los Angeles Chargers. There was no injury update, because one was not necessary. Cornerback Jerry Jacobs left the game, but returned quickly.
The subsequent practice week this did reveal a couple new ailments though, Left guard Jonah Jackson added a wrist issue to an ankle issue that sidelined him previously, and center Frank Ragnow popped up with a back issue to go with managing his ongoing toe issue. Wide receiver Khalif Raymond dealt with an ankle injury early in the practice week.
But otherwise, the Lions are in very good shape injury-wise heading into Week 11 against the Chicago Bears. It looks like wide receiver Donovan Peoples-Jones will make his debut, likely in front of a lot of family and friends as he suits up for his hometown team.
Here is Friday's injury report for the Lions, with designations for Sunday's game.
- OG Jonah Jackson (wrist/ankle)-Out
- DT Isaiah Buggs (illness)-Out
- S Ifeatu Melifonwu (hand)-Questionable
- WR Donovan Peoples-Jones (ribs)-No designation
- DT Levi Onwuzurike (hip)-No designation
- C Frank Ragnow (toe/back/rest)-No designation
- WR Kalif Raymond (ankle)-No designation
Jackson will miss another game, his fourth in the last five, with a wrist injury as the primary issue this time. Kayode Awosika started two of the games Jackson previously missed before, so he seems likely to get the nod again. Before Friday's practice, Dan Campbell mentioned Colby Sorsdal and Dan Skipper as other options.
Buggs has been dealing with an illness all week, and he was not in the building on Friday. Rookie Brodric Martin looks likely to be active for just the second time this season on Sunday, and Quinton Bohanna is another nose tackle option on the practice squad.
Melifonwu was spotted with a club on his hand during Thursday's practice, but he got in a full session then and on Friday. He seems to be on the positive side of questionable.
An additional ailment for Ragnow is definitely of some concern, but he's good to go for Sunday.
As mentioned, Raymond injured his ankle against the Chargers. But after full practices the last two days of the week, he's good to go.
Here's the Friday injury report for the Bears.
- LB Noah Sewell (knee)-Out
- LB Tremaine Edmunds (knee)-Questionable
- RB D'Onta Foreman (ankle)-Questionable
- LB Jack Sanborn (ankle/illness)-Questionable
- RB Khari Blasingame (concussion)-No designation
- OG Nate Davis (ankle)-No designation
- QB Justin Fields (thumb)-No designation
- RB Khalil Herbert (ankle/shin)-No designation
- CB Terell Smith (illness)-No designation
As expected, Bears' running back Khalil Herbert will be activated from IR in time for Sunday's game.