The Detroit Lions Quiz (2010-2017) – Test your fan knowledge!
How closely have you been following the Detroit Lions throughout the 2010s? Test your knowledge with this seven question trivia quiz from the decade so far.
Though the resurgence of the Detroit Lions franchise hasn’t yet returned the ultimate prize that fans of the team crave, the 2010s have been a decade of slow and steady progress in Detroit.
I admit, home playoff games, deep postseason runs, and a Super Bowl appearance still don’t seem to be in the immediate future.
Heck, Barry’s been gone 20 years now and they still haven’t found a new run game.
However, based on what long-frustrated fans of a certain age can recall from previous decades, I think most would admit that where they are now is much better than where they’ve been before.
During the first eight years of the decade, the Lions have several significant breakthroughs to set the foundation for continued improvement:
- Three playoff appearances, after going the entire 2000s without a single one.
- The franchise quarterback, coming of age and developing into one of the best clutch performers in the NFL.
- Overall winning records against two of their three division rivals during this time.
- Finally ending the long losing streak in Green Bay, winning two of the last three years at Lambeau.
- Sensible, if unspectacular, selections in recent drafts.
- The buzz surrounding the annual Thanksgiving game has returned to the city and stadium.
- A return to national relevance and attention. Numerous nationally televised appearances each year recently, including some impressive Monday Night Football showings.
- Ford Field finally developing into something of a fortress, with increasing home attendances, even during a time where league-wide attendance figures have been declining.
In the form of this quiz, I’ll take a look back at the decade so far, in a bit of a State of the Franchise for the Honolulu Blue.
Get five out of seven correct, I’ll be mildly impressed.
Six out of seven, I’ll be very impressed.
All seven, and I’m going to think there must be something wrong with you.
Question #1. Who is the Lions’ leading rusher of the 2010s?
(a) Ameer Abdullah
(b) Joique Bell
(c) Reggie Bush
(d) Jahvid Best