The offensive line was an absolute train wreck this year. The Lions started eleven different player combination up front. Predictably, the protection for Matt Stafford was shaky all year.
More from SideLion Report
- Top 5 revenge games on the Detroit Lions 2023 schedule
- Lions center Frank Ragnow optimistic about continuing to play through toe injury
- Detroit Lions 2023 preseason schedule: Dates, times and opponents
- A new contract extension projection for Lions quarterback Jared Goff
- 4 wide receivers the Detroit Lions could still look to acquire this offseason
In fact, the line surrendered 47 sacks to opponents. That’s just about three every game (2.94/ per)
The running game was ranked last, again (averaging 76.3 yards a contest).
The Lions appeared set to start the year with newly signed tackle, Rick Wagner, and guard, T.J. Lang. Both were highly productive with their previous teams.
Best laid plans, they say, don’t always work out.
Only Glasgow played every game. Swanson has suffered another concussion. Decker looked rushed back to duty after his shoulder surgery. The new additions couldn’t stay in the lineup, either.