Last but not least…The #1 item(s)
Barry Sanders Jerseys–I’ve now had at least one Barry jersey at all times for the past 25 years. People have this misconception that I’m difficult to get presents for. Negative.
I’ve received various Barry jerseys for Christmas five times now (ages 5, 7, 8, 11, and 24) and have sang praises and granted Christmas cheer each and every time.
- Logo 7— This was the original, from Christmas 1992.
- Hutch–As with all Hutch jerseys in its heyday, this one was pretty unofficial and pretty underrated. The three-quarter sleeve shirt is one of clothing’s best kept secrets. Also have to love the completely blank back side of the shirt and full “Detroit Lions” on the front.
- Made in Korea–This technically wasn’t even a Lions jersey. Just a blue and silver, logoless, brandless, and nameless mesh jersey with a #20. My aunt and uncle sent this back for me from their Air Force base in Korea. The crazy thing is, the knockoff jersey looked better than almost ANY official Lions jersey since!
- Starter–A pretty solid replica, nothing spectacular. The workhorse of the bunch, getting over a decade of use.
- Mitchell & Ness 75 Seasons Throwback— The new kid on the block, and crown jewel of the bunch.
That’s my list. Post to the comments your own most prized pieces of Lions memorabilia.