Detroit Lions: Fantasy Football Preview
Credit: Bruce Thorson-USA TODAY Sports
Running Back, Ameer Abdullah (R)
As mentioned prior, rookie running back Ameer Abdullah enters 2015 looking to overtake Joique Bell as the No. 1 runner in the Motor City.
Abdullah was certainly an impressive runner at Nebraska, delivering 1,600 yards rushing seasons each of the past two years. He scored 22 times in 15 games in 2014 and averaged 6.1 yards per carry and 12.2 yards per reception.
Also at SLR: Fantasy Football Power Rankings: Top 20 Running Backs
He’s not considered blazing fast by NFL standards, (4.60 40-yard dash) but he did perform well in the agility drills at the NFL Combine, including a 42.5 inch vertical jump.
The biggest known issue for Abdullah entering his inaugural campaign?
More from Lions Fantasy Football
- Lions tight end Sam LaPorta an easy fantasy winner among rookies
- Fantasy football profile: Detroit Lions rookie running back Jahmyr Gibbs
- Fantasy football impact: Detroit Lions draft Jahmyr Gibbs
- Jameson Williams’ fantasy value is teetering on the edge of going in the tank
- Fantasy analyst puts a little draft heat on Lions quarterback Jared Goff
Fumbles — although it’s been said that the issues could be overblown at this point in time.
When Detroit drafted Abdullah to pair up in the backfield with Bell, they landed themselves a very dynamic player. He’ll probably open the season behind Bell on the depth chart, but don’t be surprised if he is challenging for the starting job at some point after week one.
Next: WR Calvin Johnson