Green Bay Packers
Dec 28, 2014; Green Bay, WI, USA; Green Bay Packers quarterbackAaron Rodgers
(12) and Detroit Lions quarterback Matthew Stafford (9) hug after the game at Lambeau Field. The Packers beat the Lons 30-20. Mandatory Credit: Benny Sieu-USA TODAY Sports
This game in Lambeau will undoubtedly be one of the toughest games of the season for the Detroit Lions. Detroit hasn’t been able to beat the division rivals in Wisconsin since December 15, 1991. That equals out to 24 straight games in Lambeau that Detroit has lost. So, needless to say, they will feel some pressure to break that streak.
Besides the fact that the Packers have one of the best QB’s in the NFL in Aaron Rodgers, Randall Cobb and Jordy Nelson, and a solid offensive line, they also have a solid defense too. This game has always been the Achilles heel for the Lions. Last season, we had a good showing at Lambeau, but it wasn’t quite enough to get the win. With our offensive scheme going into its second season this year, however, that may just be what the Lions need to push over the top and finally break this streak.
Will it happen? Only time will tell. On any given Sunday, any team in the NFL can defeat another team. There are no for sure wins or for sure losses in this game. Overall, I think these 5 games will be the top games to catch this season, and they will teach us a lot about the strengths and weaknesses we have going on.
More from SideLion Report
- Top 5 revenge games on the Detroit Lions 2023 schedule
- Lions center Frank Ragnow optimistic about continuing to play through toe injury
- Detroit Lions 2023 preseason schedule: Dates, times and opponents
- A new contract extension projection for Lions quarterback Jared Goff
- 4 wide receivers the Detroit Lions could still look to acquire this offseason