January 26, 2014; Honolulu, HI, USA; General view of Team Sanders quarterback Andrew Luck (12) takes the snap on the NFL logo at midfield during the 2014 Pro Bowl at Aloha Stadium. Mandatory Credit: Kirby Lee-USA TODAY Sports
Ranking something as inconsequential as football uniforms necessarily requires a large bit of subjectivity and personal taste. Because of this undeniable fact, I am forced to admit that what follow represents more closely my personal ranking rather than The Actual Ranking (TM). The reader shall feel no obligation to adopt this list as his or her own, but she (or he) is certainly encouraged to do so.
More from Lions All-Time Lists
- 5 out of nowhere productive individual seasons in Detroit Lions history
- Herman Moore named biggest Hall of Fame snub for the Lions
- Detroit Pistons draft pick Jaden Ivey has Detroit Lions lineage
- The 5 winningest head coaches in Detroit Lions history
- 5 former Detroit Lions with a case for the Pro Football Hall of Fame
What follows bears little resemblance to actual scientific inquiry, but, in a poor attempt at transparency, here is a list of aspects I tend to like in a football uniform (or, at least, aspects I think I tend to like). Not listed in priority order:
- Designs that have withstood the test of time for more than three decades.
- Colors that are found in your kindergartener’s crayon box (8 count).
- The appearance of not trying too hard.
In the case of each of the following images, a click will embiggen.