Ranking every Detroit Lions team from the last 25 years (15-11)
4 of 5
12. The 2015 Detroit Lions
- This was Jim Caldwell’s only losing season in his four years in charge. Ndamukong Suh was gone, Calvin Johnson was hobbled, and they couldn’t seem to catch a break. It all hit the fan during the bye week, when heads rolled, Martha Ford fired a bunch of people, and they ended the 7-9 year on a high note.
- Broke a losing streak of over two decades at Lambeau Field
- Two separate three game winning streaks after starting off 1-7
- Beat Philadelphia 45-14, getting a Thanksgiving Day win for the third year in a row by delivering their finest performance of the season
Star Power: 6
- WR Calvin Johnson, in his final season. By his lofty standards (and his alone), Calvin wasn’t very good in 2015, but fought through injuries to play every game and reach one last Pro Bowl
- QB Matthew Stafford recovered from a poor start, with a lights out second half to the season (19 TD-2 INT in the final eight games, Lions went 6-2)
- Prime Ziggy Ansah, finishing second in the NFL in sacks and making the Pro Bowl
Entertainment Value: 6.5
- Martha Ford going Ari Gold in the front office must have been classic, especially when they started winning again immediately after
- Both Packers games were memorable, though my moods after them were wildly different
- That wonderful/awful overtime game against the Bears was the only thing stopping Detroit from an 0-8 start. That wonderful/awful Aaron Rodgers Hail Mary just might have been the only thing that stopped them from an 8-0 finish.
Total Score: 20