Jan 11, 2015; Denver, CO, USA; Indianapolis Colts wide receiver Reggie Wayne (87) celebrates as he leaves the field following the game against the Denver Broncos in the 2014 AFC Divisional playoff football game at Sports Authority Field at Mile High. The Colts defeated the Broncos 24-13. Mandatory Credit: Mark J. Rebilas-USA TODAY Sports
This one is the most unlikely of the bunch. Reggie Wayne has decided that he wants to play one more season. In the past week the suitors have started to line up.
If Reggie Wayne did decide to head to the Motor City, he would complete quite the freighting trio with Calvin Johnson and Golden Tate. Wayne would benefit greatly from the coverage that those two demand and it would help him put forth one more great season and show the Colts what they are missing out on.
The reason this could potentially happen is because of his history with Lions head coach Jim Caldwell. the two spent ten years together in Indianapolis and Wayne benefited greatly from the work that Caldwell did with Peyton Manning.
The ball is in Wayne’s court though. It’s very likely that he finds himself in Seattle or Denver. Maybe even Green bay.
What do you think? Who should the Lions take a look at on the eve of training camp? Leave your comments below.
More from SideLion Report
- Top 5 revenge games on the Detroit Lions 2023 schedule
- Lions center Frank Ragnow optimistic about continuing to play through toe injury
- Detroit Lions 2023 preseason schedule: Dates, times and opponents
- A new contract extension projection for Lions quarterback Jared Goff
- 4 wide receivers the Detroit Lions could still look to acquire this offseason