January 19, 2014; Denver, CO, USA; General view of Denver Broncos fans holding defense signs during the game against the New England Patriots in the first half of the 2013 AFC Championship football game at Sports Authority Field at Mile High. Mandatory Credit: Ron Chenoy-USA TODAY Sports
Last season, the Denver Broncos were the 3rd ranked defense in the NFL. Don’t look for that to slip too much in the 2015 season.
They have a solid line in their 3-4 defense consisting of Derek Wolfe, Sylvester Williams, and Malik Jackson. Those guys combined with inside linebackers Danny Trevathan and Brandon Marshall and outside linebacker DeMarcus Ware, look to be a group who can shut down much of the run game.
More from SideLion Report
- Top 5 revenge games on the Detroit Lions 2023 schedule
- Lions center Frank Ragnow optimistic about continuing to play through toe injury
- Detroit Lions 2023 preseason schedule: Dates, times and opponents
- A new contract extension projection for Lions quarterback Jared Goff
- 4 wide receivers the Detroit Lions could still look to acquire this offseason
Then, we have the secondary. When you have talent like Von Miller as another outside linebacker, Chris Harris Jr and Aqib Talib at cornerback, and T.J. Ward and Darian Stewart at Safety, the passing game is going to be a struggle for almost any team in the NFL. Only the top teams in the NFL will be able to move the ball on these guys. Detroit will need to up their game and show they can move the ball, no matter how good the defense.
In conclusion, it’s quite obvious why Denver makes the list of the top 5 defenses the Detroit Lions will face this season.
Next: Seattle Seahawks