Earlier today the Detroit Lions official website released their first ‘unofficial’ depth chart for the 90-man roster. All teams are required by the league to release these, so it would be unwise to get too invested in them.
Some notable details to this release are:
- LaAdrian Waddle listed as starting right tackle despite splitting first-team reps with Corey Hilliard
- Kris Durham and Kevin Ogletree listed as #3 and #4 wide receivers respectively behind Megatron and Tate.
- Montell Owens is listed as the starting fullback above Jed Collins
- Ashlee Palmer is currently listed as the starting strongside linebacker above Kyle Van Noy
- Behind starting corners Darius Slay and Rashean Mathis are Cassius Vaughn and Bill Bentley
- Jeremy Ross is listed as both the starting kick returner and punt returner
- Place kicker Nate Freese is the starter over UDFA Giorgio Tavecchio despite his impressive 21 straight FG makes
Again, take all of this with a grain of salt as there will most likely be plenty of changes between now and the final preseason game.
For more training camp updates, follow the SideLion Report staff on Twitter!