The Detroit Lions get a week of rest after their trip to London to face the Atlanta Falcons but the Miami Dolphins will be waiting for them after the bye.
To get a feel for the Dolphins side of preparations for the 2014 season, I got together with Brian Miller of Phin Phanatic for a quick Q&A. Here are my questions followed by his responses.
1. How would you assess the team’s offseason? Did they do what they needed to do through the draft and free agency?
The Dolphins offseason was a little better than average. There was a lot of focus on the offensive line and questions still linger. The Dolphins failed to address the right side of the line in free agency and many feel they reached in round one of the draft on Ja’Wuan James because of it.
2. Which Rookie are you most excited to see play in 2014 and why?
Second-round pick Jarvis Landry could be a wide receiver steal. He is favorably compared to Anquan Boldin and if he comes close to that he will do well in Miami.
3. What is the biggest question that still needs to be answered heading into training camp?
Everything revolves around the offensive line. Miami gave up 58 sacks last season. That can not happen this year if they want to succeed.
4. What are your expectations for the team in 2014?
I expect Miami to be better but I’m realistic as well so I don’t expect the team to be a playoff contender; there are just too many questions.
5. Right here, right now, are you marking down the game against the Lions as a win, loss or toss-up?
A loss as of today. The Dolphins have too many questions to predict a win against an established team. That being said, if the Dolphins rally behind new offensive coordinator Bill Lazor’s offense, it could be a whole different story.
Tags: Detroit Lions