Detroit Lions head coach Jim Schwartz held his usual Monday press conference this afternoon, here are some highlights:
- When asked about injury updates, Schwartz said they will see where Calvin Johnson is, Jason Fox wasn’t able to finish the game and Theo Riddick suffered a concussion. CT scan taken at hospital was normal for Riddick. Fox was available to finish the game. Other than that, normal bumps and bruises.
- In missing Calvin Johnson yesterday, it’s all about execution. Took a lot of negative plays – five sacks, some negative yardage runs and penalties put the team in tough situations. Didn’t turn the ball over but didn’t get any either.
- Had a couple chance at forcing turnovers. Would have taken some points off the board.
- Asked about using Calvin Johnson as a decoy, Schwartz said he has to be an option for the quarterback and take hits to be put on the field. It wasn’t an option.
- Lions took final timeout to attempt a punt block.
- Kevin Ogletree only had a couple days of practice, offense was limited when he was in the game but did a nice job on short notice.
- Schwartz doesn’t have any anticipation of how much Calvin might practice this week.
- Credit the Packers pass rush. One sack a result of miscommunication. Stafford was forced to hold the ball longer than usual because of coverage.
- Coaches didn’t hear Dominic Raiola say anything but would be very disappointed if reports of Raiola’s verbal abuse of University of Wisconsin marching band are true.
- Packers played different than if Calvin was in the game but wasn’t much different than what they saw from the Washington Redskins. Didn’t make enough plays.
- Calvin’s injury was from the Chicago game, not an existing knee injury.
Topics: Detroit Lions