Detroit Lions head coach Jim Schwartz addressed the media this afternoon, here are a few notes:
- It was a hard fought game yesterday and it is unfortunate that the events at the end of the game overshadowed a great game.
– Schwartz and Harbaugh will likely have a chance to talk soon. He talked with the league office this morning.
– It was something that happened but there isn’t anything between them.
– Fans made Ford Field a tough place to play again.
– Schwartz didn’t give any more details about what set him off.
– Timeout was taken after the safety to make sure the replay official had enough time to determine if the play should be reviewed.
– Not one of Stafford’s better games. Had to bail and get rid of the ball a few times but could have stepped up in the pocket a few times.
– Team needs to remember what it feels like to lose. Good mix of players and a lot of confidence in how they will respond.
– All three phases of the game had chance to turn game around but missed opportunities.
– Jahvid Best started experiencing concussion-like symptoms after game ended. He has a protocol to go through and they will see where he is then.
– Maurice Morris entered game late for pass protection.
– Winning the turnover battle was a focus going into the game.
– Linehan moved Calvin Johnson around a lot to try to get him open. There were other places to go with the ball that made more sense.
– Kyle Vanden Bosch somewhat concerned about stinger considering he is coming off neck injury but was working out this morning. He isn’t any worse off following this game because of previous injury.
– Ford Field has always been a great place to play but it is now turning into a great home field advantage.