Detroit Lions head coach Jim Schwartz joined the Karsch and Anderson show on 97.1 FM in Detroit this morning. Here are some of the things he talked about:
- Concentration during the game generally kept Schwartz from noticing the raucous environment but he said it was noticeable in the form of the false start penalties.
– Best’s performance was good for more reasons than just the 88-yard run. Some of his best runs were late in the game.
– Keeping Devin Hester in check was a group effort and one satisfying area of the game.
– They have a lot of confidence but are a hard-working, blue collar team. Part of coach’s job is to keep team level.
– They Know what to expect from San Francisco based on five games of tape and what Jim Harbaugh did at Stanford.
– Team hasn’t been had panic about them concerning the running game.
– 49ers might have the best linebacking corps in the league. San Francisco has talented players and now it is evident.
– It was good to get Nick Fairley in the game and he was active when on the field. It was a big first step for him. There were no setbacks during the game.
– Schwartz previously met Kid Rock while in Nashville, has been a fan for a long time.