Welcome to Tailgate Thursday! I’m fortunate to know some people that know their way around a kitchen and they’ve agreed to help me by providing a weekly tailgating feature.
Today, we have two recipes to share themed by this week’s opposing team, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. We embraced the pirate theme to come up with these tailgate must-haves. The first, the Peg Leg Mozzarella Sticks, were delicious and could not have been easier to make. These cheesy appetizers consist of a mere three ingredients—cheese sticks, eggs, and Italian bread crumbs.
- 18 mozzerella string cheese sticks
- 1 cup toasted Italian season bread crumbs
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Marinara sauce and ranch dressing for dipping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Cut each cheese stick in half
- Place cheese stick on baking sheet and freeze for 3-5 minutes
- During freezing process, toast bread crumbs over medium heat in skillet
- Remove cheese from freezer, dredge in egg and coat with bread crumbs
- Bake approximately 7-9 minutes
- Enjoy immediately!
Everyone agreed that these were a hit!
The second recipe is our very own “semi-homemade” creation—Treasure Chest Cupcakes. By combining store-bought materials, we created a tasty dessert which combines chocolate, graham crackers and vanilla. What better combination to top off a tasty tailgate?
We hope you can use these delicious ideas for your own tailgate party! Go Lions!