Detroit Lions 27, New England Patriots 10 – Halftime
- Matthew Stafford didn’t need the entire half to show he’s ready for the regular season. His night ends after completing 12 of 14 passes for 200 yards and two touchdowns. Stafford is 24 of 31 for 356 yards and five touchdowns for the entire preseason so far. Week one can’t arrive soon enough…
- Worries about the Lions ability to run the ball might be eased thanks to their effectiveness with screens. Scott Linehan deserves a lot of credit for his creativity and that could be the difference between a good offense and a great offense this season.
- It felt good to see Titus Young make his first catch as a professional. It was good for 19 yards with about three minutes remaining in the first half.
- Cliff Avril is a name I have mentioned when fellow bloggers ask about a breakout player for the Lions and he is making me look smart. Two sacks in the first half.
- Stafford got hit, Stafford got up. Twice.
- The first half goes down as a resounding win for the Lions