Detroit Lions 30, Cleveland Browns 28 – Final (box score)
- In a generally sloppy game it was nice to see Maurice Stovall step up and play well. Like Rashied Davis, he brings the versatility necessary to hold down a roster spot deep in the wide receiver depth chart. Derrick Williams’ time as a Lions may be about to expire.
- The Lions weren’t able to run the clock out on the ground without giving it up to the Browns one more time but they did chew up some time by running the ball somewhat effectively. Running the ball is about attitude, at least we know now that some guys on this team (for however long, at least) possess it.
- Jason Hanson boots a 49-yard field goal in the first half, Dave Rayner bombs a 48-yarder in the second. Kickers, the Lions have them.
- Has anyone been assigned to check on Mike Carey in the morning? I’m afraid he’ll sound like Joe Buck after all the penalty calls he had to make.
- Lions win, Tigers win. Detroit 2, Cleveland 0 – suck on that.
Dick's Sporting Goods presents "Hell Week":