Halftime score: Lions 24, Bengals 3
- Jahvid Best’s toes must be feeling good, his speed was evident as he ran out of the tunnel during pregame introductions.
- Welcome back number nine! Matthew Stafford went 6-7 for 71 yards and two touchdowns in about five minutes of action. He don’t need no stinkin’ preseason.
- Speaking of guys that don’t need the preseason, Ndamukong Suh was in midseason form with the pressure on Andy Dalton that resulted in an interception. If that wasn’t enough of a “welcome to the league” moment, Suh gave Dalton the Jake Delhomme treatment a little later.
- Aaron Brown is one player that needed to make a good impression and he did just that. He was effective in the passing game and showed good moves in the open field. It was more of a mixed bag for Derrick Williams. He dropped back to back passes late in the first half but bounced back for a big first down catch.
- The Lions were able to rush the field goal unit on the field with just seconds remaining to put up three more points as time expired. The execution was a thing of beauty.