The lifting of the lockout yesterday makes for a busy day today. Here is what today will consist of according to the schedule published on the Detroit Lions website:
- At 10:00 a.m., New York time, Club facilities open. Players may report for physicals and voluntary strength and conditioning.
- At 10:00 a.m., New York time, Trading begins for 2011 League Year.
- Rosters expanded to ninety (90) man limit.
- At 10:00 a.m., New York time, Clubs may negotiate with and SIGN their own Drafted Rookies and any Undrafted Rookie. Clubs may have such players report to the Club’s facilities for physical examinations prior to signing.
All 2011 Contracts signed on or after July 26 shall be binding upon the player and the Club when signed, but shall not become effective unless a CBA is ratified by the NFLPA (August 4)
- At 10:00 a.m., New York time, Clubs may NEGOTIATE with, but not sign, or extend Offer Sheets to, their own UFAs, RFAs, Exclusive Rights Players and Franchise Players and other Clubs’ UFAs, RFAs, non-exclusive Franchise Players and free agents.
Stay tuned for news and commentary throughout the day.