The NFL labor situation may have training camp plans hanging in limbo but the Detroit Lions are moving along with plans to staff their training camp just like any other year.
The Lions have a job posting for “training camp assistants” to tentatively start on July 26 and end on August 18 – a normal training camp window. The job description is as follows:
The Detroit Lions is accepting applications for Training Camp Assistants at the Allen Park Training Facility. Approximately three positions are available.
Hours/Duration of Position:
This is a short-term, temporary position. Applicants are required to have the flexibility to work the split shifts required during training camp, and will need to be available to work weekends.
The hours for this position are 7:30AM – 11:30AM and 2:15PM to 5:45PM. The Training Camp Assistants will work an average of 7.5 hours per day. This temporary position would tentatively begin on July 26, 2011 and end on August 18, 2011.
- Set-up event equipment including; bike rack, bike rack covers, tables, chairs, etc.
- Sign / Banner placement
- Staff guest parking lots
- Guest check-in tent
- Distribute player rosters to all guests
- Assist with execution of “Kids Walk” with Lions Players
- Monitor guest bleacher / walking areas during practice sessions
- Execute post-practice player autograph sessions
- Assist with other duties as assigned
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Must be available to work a flexible schedule including weekends
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Must be able to multi-task
- Professionalism, punctuality, and a “can do” attitude required
- Training Camp Assistants will work outdoors the entire time and must be able to lift up to 50-60 pounds
For more information about the position and how to apply, go here.