- Pete Prisco, who is a senior writer for CBSSports, put his predictions out for the 2010 Pro Bowl, and he thinks that the Lions will have three players on the Pro Bowl roster. The two obvious ones are Calvin Johnson and Ndamukong Suh. The surprising pick by him was John Wendling as a special teams player. Of course, you can’t argue against that pick; Wendling has been awesome on special teams this year.On the other hand, he doesn’t give either Brandon Pettigrew or Stefan Logan any considerations for the Pro Bowl, but does surprisingly give Jeff Backus some love.
More after the jump…
- Head Coach Jim Schwartz tweeted earlier today that he thinks stopping the Dolphins wildcat will be a key to winning the game,
- Miami presents a lot of challenges to our defense with their Wildcat package of Ronnie Brown & Ricky Williams.
- He also tweeted that running the ball will be key again,
- Again this week, a key to the game will be our ability to run the ball & stop the run.
- Louis Delmas has passed all concussion tests, but didn’t practice today and is unsure whether or not he will play Sunday against the Dolphins.
- Drew Stanton took reps with the no. 1 team today, but the overall reps were split between Shaun Hill and Stanton. Yesterday, Shaun Hill had taken majority of the snaps with the no. 1 team. No starter has been named for Sunday’s game and Matthew Stafford did not practice.
- Lastly, Drew Stanton has been nominated for the FedEx Air Player of the Week. The Lions are the only team in the NFL to have all three quarterbacks on the roster to be nominated for the award this season. Talk about depth…